Calif. family suffer possible carbon monoxide poisoning
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press
WILLOWS, Calif. — Seven people have been hospitalized after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning from a propane lantern they brought inside during a power outage in a severe winter storm.
Sgt. Jim Miranda of the Glenn County Sheriff's Department said a boy in the house about 30 miles outside Chico woke up when he heard his sister collapse in the bathroom Saturday. Shortly afterward, two others collapsed.
Forty-three-year-old Pa Xiong and two pregnant women ages 16 and 19 were sent to Enloe Medical Center in Chico for treatment of possible carbon monoxide poisoning. The other four family members, all between the ages of 10 and 16 years old, were taken to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.