Paramedics called to Wash. schools; gas smell sickens 79
By Stacey Mulick
The News Tribune (Tacoma, Washington)
Copyright 2006 The News Tribune
All Rights Reserved
The smell of natural gas sickened 79 students and staff members at Bethel Junior and senior high schools Thursday morning, but none seriously.
One boy was taken to a Puyallup-area hospital at his request, while the others were looked at by paramedics at the schools, said Central Pierce Fire & Rescue spokesman Matt Holm. No one was sickened at a nearby elementary school.