175 people treated for bug poison in IdahoResidents were evacuated to a firehouse and people were treated at a triage center
The Deseret Morning News
PARMA, Idaho — Emergency workers treated more than 175 people at a triage center set up in the southwestern Idaho city of Parma after a chemical used to kill bugs in a nearby field drifted over a drive-in movie theater.
Officials tell KTVB-TV that five people had to be transported to a hospital for additional treatment on Saturday after movie-goers at the Motor Vu drive-in theater started experiencing a burning sensation in their eyes.
The theater was offering a Trunk-or-Treat event and then played a monster movie, but participants ended up being evacuated to a fire house.